Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Blizzards in Texas


Yesterday my oldest son (K1) who is 9, got his cast off of his leg. Woo hoo! Well he still has to wear a boot, but it's removable, so that's HUGE! I decided that I would get him a celebratory Blizzard from Dairy Queen. We very rarely go to any fast food joints for meals, much less just for an ice cream treat, so it's a big deal around here! 

I ordered him a small cheesecake Blizzard and the cashier said, "that'll be $3.02 please drive forward." WHAT?! Three bucks for a small milkshake thingy? WOAH. I was floored. I mean they are good, but DQ must be REALLY proud of their blizzards!

I guess I don't get out much, but man, I could totally buy at least a quart of ice cream at the grocery store for that price. Of course I paid for it and it made K1 super happy, so it was totally worth it. But geez! 

To top it off, the DQ worker is supposed to turn it upside down right before serving it to you, and they didn't even do that!  Oh well.

Is it just me, or is that one high-priced treat?? 

Anyone?

Bueller?

post signature

7 comments:

  1. That is high priced! Especially for a small!

    Do you know what I like to do? I take vanilla ice cream (Blue Bell, of course) and put a few scoops in my kitchenaid stand mixer, toss in whatever I feel like (crushed oreos or nilla wafers, fruit, whatever) and turn that sucker on! Let it soften the ice cream while combining the "mix-ins" and VOILA! A homemade blizzard!

    Try it, and the kids will have fun helping you or picking out their mix-ins!

    Ken and I used to do this when I was pregnant, if I did't want to leave the house and Rob wasn't home to fetch me ice cream (yeah, he lived with us while I was pregnant)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea Jenn!!! Did you add any milk or that's it? Super simple! I think I can handle that!!

    Poor thing... putting up with one man while pregnant is tough enough {giggle}!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I honestly don't think that I've ever paid that much attention to how much I've spent on ice cream (I'll do anything!), but that is pretty high for something so small!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree, hubs and I wanted one REALLY bad this week so we drove out of our way to get one....for the price of DQ we could have gone to marble slab!! oh well, it still tasted good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know what!? I've never had Marble Slab! Am I missing out!? It sure sounds fancier than DQ!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHAT?!?!! It's sooooooo yummy. Drive over to NB and treat yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess I'll have to do that Jessica! :)

    ReplyDelete