Thursday, June 24, 2010

From uh-oh to oh-wow!



























We had a woopsie with our (wedding gift) ceramic bathroom trashcan! I wanted something cute to replace it, but I found nothing at a reasonable price, so I headed to Goodwill. I found this ho-hum maroon and gold trashcan that I totally didn't love one bit, but I saw potential.

First I cleaned it up and then sanded that bad boy back to bare wood. I decided to paint it black and I knew I wanted to adorn it with a 5 (since there's 5 peeps in my family). I printed out a large 5 from my computer,  traced it onto contact paper, cut it out and then used it as a stencil. Next I just spray painted it with a couple of coats of white paint, and then finally traced around the 5 with a paint pen to clean up the edges and that's it!

It was pretty simple and I think it makes a a nice improvement! The best part is that it only cost me a buck fifty!
post signature


1 comment:

  1. Have you ever read Buzzings of a Queen Bee? This post instantly made me think of her! She finds things with potential at garage sales and Good Will, practically anywhere, and turns them into adorable things!

    www.buzzingsofaqueenbee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete