Thursday, June 10, 2010

$20 DIY Display Shelves



Okay, so if you're anything like me you've got SOMETHING to display! Whether it's gorgeous plates, awards, diplomas... there's bound to be something you own that deserves a prominent spot. In my case it's my oldest son's books. We probably need to make a dozen more of these suckers to hold all of his books, but you gotta start somewhere!

I've drooled over Pottery Barn's shelves for quite a while, but the drooling wasn't getting me anywhere,  so I decided to take matters into my own hands. Well okay so not really MY hands, but Mr. Wonderful's much more capable hands.

First thing was to figure out exactly how to build these little guys. As luck would have it I found a great tutorial online. And because I'm just so generous, I'll share this great tute with you! So if you're feeling DIYish today or maybe this weekend go ahead and make yourself some of these! The beauty is that you can completely customize them to match any decor! Just click here and then head to your local Home Depot or lumber yard of your choice.

We built all four shelves for 20 bucks! Pottery Barn's shelves are great, but a tad bit (cough, cough) pricey. I think ours look just as great for much, much less!

Happy DIYing!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment